DiscoverMilwaukee2017 - page 96

General Mitchell International Airport
located just off I-94, south of Milwaukee
and offers convenient hourly and daily
parking. It provides approximately 135
daily departures to 37 non-stop destina-
tions. Principal commercial airlines
Air Canada, American, Delta,
Frontier, One Jet, Southwest
. For more information, please visit
its website:
Amtrak’s Hiawatha
service is the busiest
route in the Midwest, offering numerous
daily passenger trains that connect
Milwaukee with Amtrak’s regional hub in
Chicago, where there are connections to
cities around the country. Milwaukee is
also served by Amtrak’s Empire Builder,
which provides daily service between
Chicago, Milwaukee, La Crosse, St. Paul,
Minneapolis and Seattle/Portland. The
city’s Amtrak station is located at the
Milwaukee Intermodal Station
, which is
located just south of downtown
Milwaukee. Website:
The Lake Express High Speed Ferry links
the states of Wisconsin and Michigan
with terminals in Milwaukee and
Muskegon, allowing travelers to avoid
the long drive through Chicago. The ferry
makes two round trips per day, three
during the summer months.
Following is a list of state and local
license requirements.
Boat Licenses
All motorboats and sailboats 12’ or longer are
required to be registered. Registration forms are
available at marine dealers.
Bicycle Licenses
Contact the appropriate local government for
information on fees, rules and regulations.
Dog Licenses
Most communities require dogs to be licensed and
limit the number of dogs you can have without a
kennel permit. For more information, contact the
treasurer or clerk’s office of the municipality.
Snowmobile Licenses
All snowmobiles that are operated in Wisconsin
must be registered with the Department of Natural
Resources. Applications are available at snowmobile
dealers or Milwaukee-area DNR offices: Milwaukee -
2300 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr., Telephone:
(414) 263-8660; Racine - 9531 Rayne Rd.,
Sturtevant, Telephone: (262) 884-2300; Waukesha -
141 NW Barstow, Rm. 180, Telephone: (262) 574-
Sports Licenses
Hunting, trapping and fishing are popular outdoor
sports in Wisconsin and are regulated by the State
Department of Natural Resources. Information on
sports licenses can be obtained from DNR offices:
Milwaukee - 2300 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr.,
Telephone: (414) 263-8660; Racine - 9531 Rayne
Rd., Sturtevant, Telephone: (262) 884-2300;
Waukesha - 141 NW Barstow, Rm. 180, Telephone:
(262) 574-2102.
About Driving
All motor vehicles operated in Wisconsin
must be registered with the state.
Applications for a certificate of title and
registration may be downloaded at
or obtained at a
Department of Motor Vehicles customer
service center.
All drivers in Wisconsin must be licensed
by the state after their residency is
established. Drivers possessing out-of-
state licenses can apply for a Wisconsin
license by bringing their existing driver’s
license, proof of identity, proof of resi-
dency and their Social Security number.
A vision test and fee are required. More
information at
Customer Service Centers
2701 S. Chase Ave., Milwaukee
819 N. 6th St., Milwaukee
6073 N. Teutonia Ave., Milwaukee
7301 W. Mill Rd., Milwaukee
1835 College Ave., South Milwaukee
5500 W. Grange Ave., Greendale
2019 Golf Rd., Pewaukee
9531 Rayne Rd., Sturtevant
4911 88th Ave., Kenosha
Most automobiles and light trucks must
have an emission inspection once every
two years. Testing is available through
approximately 200 private emission test-
ing facilities in the area. For the locations
of testing facilities closest to you, go to:
Many Milwaukee-area communities
restrict overnight parking on their city or
village streets. Please check with your
local police department to see if any
overnight parking restrictions apply.
Dog Parks
A number of excellent fenced and
unfenced dog parks are available in the
greater Milwaukee area, offering you and
your pet ample opportunity for exercise,
socialization and play:
Cedar Lake Wayside Off-Leash Dog Area
Hwy. NN and County Hwy. Z, West Bend; 3 acres;
no fee
Dog Exercise Area at Currie Park
3535 N. Mayfair Road; 1.5 acres; no fee
Estabrook Dog Park
Wilson Drive and Estabrook Parkway; 3 acres; $20
annual fee for 1st dog; $10 for each additional dog
Granville Dog Park
W. Good Hope Road and the Menomonee River;
size unspecified; no fee
Katherine K. Carpenter Dog Park
801 W. Zedler Lane, Mequon; 35 acres; no fee
Minooka Dog Park
1927 E. Sunset Drive, Waukesha; 3.8 acres (small
dogs), 11.9 acres (large dogs); parking fee - $3
weekdays; $5 weekends; $25 annual (resident); $36
annual (non-resident)
Mitchell Park Off-Leash Dog Area
Mitchell Park Drive off River Road, Brookfield; 14
acres; no fee
Muttland Meadows Dog Park
2020 S. Green Bay Road, Grafton; 6 acres; no fee
Nashotah Dog Park
W330 N5113 County Trunk Highway C, Nashotah;
14.5 acres; parking fee - $3 weekdays; $5
Runway Dog Park
1214 E. Rawson Avenue, Oak Creek; size
unspecified; $5 day-use pass or $20 annual fee; dogs
must be licensed
Waukesha Dog Run (at Roosevelt Park)
Comanche and MacArthur roads, Waukesha; size
unspecified; permit required
Concealed Carry
Wisconsin is a concealed-carry state,
which means law-abiding citizens can
apply for a permit to legally carry
concealed weapons in certain public
areas. For more information on the
state’s concealed carry regulations and
how to obtain a concealed-carry permit,
please visit the Wisconsin Department of
Justice website:
1...,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93,94,95 97,98,99,100
Powered by FlippingBook