Milwaukee enjoys one of the shortest commute times of any urban area, but it is not immune to traffic congestion. Peak rush hour times are between 7 and 8:30 a.m. for traffic headed into the city and from 4 to 5:30 p.m. for traffic leaving downtown. While traffic usually maintains an even flow, there are several congestion points:
- The Marquette Interchange (I-94 and I-43 downtown)
- The Stadium Interchange (U.S. 41 and I-94, five miles west of downtown)
- The Zoo Interchange (I-894 and I-94, eight miles west of downtown)
- The Hale Interchange (I-894 and I-43, eleven miles southwest of downtown)
- The Layton Interchange (I-894 and I-94, five miles south of downtown)
Keeping these congestion points in mind during peak traffic times will make the search for your new home as stress-free as possible.